DOOR STRIPPING AND NEUTRALIZING £35.00
The stripping process involves soaking in a tank of warm caustic solution followed by a powerful jet wash.
• Caustic soda dissolves the paint / vanish that is then washed away exposing the wood or metal itself.
• Some flaking is expected with soaking, this is corrected with sanding in the following stages.
• Any glass left is done so at customers own risk, if worried please remove it before handing the items to us.
• Any door furniture is left on at customers own risk against loss or damage
• Wood filler silicon and glue may also dissolve in the dipping tank.
• Mild crack in the wood might expand and warp with dipping.
We then spray the doors/furniture with acetic acid / high percentage of vinegar that works with the caustic and neutralises it.
• Neutralising has to be done before the door is returned to customer.
• We can only strip solid wood or metal items. If item or part of the item is not solid wood, may be damaged during dipping.
For the more fragile or stubborn jobs we offer hand-strip.
• Water based products, acrylic and polyurethane cannot be removed with the standard caustic stripping process, we do however offer hand strip service, for more information please contact us.
• If an item is of high value, monetary or sentimental, we must be informed in writing (email) at point of booking as we may recommend hand strip or a different process.